Delicious Pizzeria Style Cheesy Breadsticks perfect to go with salad, pasta or pizza night and super easy to make.
These breadsticks are those chewy buttery garlic breadsticks topped bubbly cheesy goodness that you find at the local pizzeria.
If your scared of making yeast bread don't be this dough is so easy to make and delivers delicious results perfect to go with a dinner salad, a bowl of soup or a plate of pasta.
I'm still devouring comfort foods because Spring in Seattle seems to be no where in site.
I've been totally having sunshine withdrawals.
To say that these garlicky breadsticks won't be appearing year around would be a huge fib, they are a year around favorite.
I'm just ready to ditch the soups and move on to lighter foods like this Strawberry Blueberry Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette but I can't bring myself to start consuming large amounts of salad until the warm weather arrives.
I need a few good 65 degree days and some sunshine, it feeds my soul and I'm ready for a few patio lunches and dinners with the warm sun beating down.
Maybe even a little color to my pale skin, if it doesn't happen soon we may have to move..
But for now it's breadsticks and soup on the menu!
Combine warm water, active dry yeast and honey in a large mixing bowl fitted with a kneading attachment.
Mix together until yeast dissolves.
Allow mixture to sit 5-10 minutes until yeast becomes foamy and active.
Add flour, salt and olive oil. Knead until dough is soft but smooth and doesn't stick to your fingers about 7-8 minutes on medium speed..
Add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time kneading well between each addition if dough is sticky.
Place dough into a well greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size.
Punch dough down and shape into a round ball. Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
Combine butter and minced garlic.
Grease a 15 1/2"x10 1/2" pan with butter. Roll dough into a 15 1/2"x 10 1/2" rectangle, place in pan and stretch to fit.
Brush garlic butter evenly over the top of dough and place in a 450 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly brown.
These are my new found weakness...
Slice down the middle and cut into strips, a pizza cutter works best. Enjoy them as soon as their cool enough to eat.
Check out that cheesy goodness.. Dear Lord have mercy!
Thanks Colt for your gorgeous hand modeling skills!
Pizzeria Style Cheesy Breadsticks
Pizzeria Style Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks. So easy and made from scratch. Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT12M
Total time: PT3H30M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 cup Warm Water, (Under 110 degrees)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 1/4 cups Flour Plus Additional if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 tablespoons Butter, Softened Plus Additional For Greasing
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook add warm water, yeast and honey. Stir until yeast and honey are dissolved. Allow mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- Add flour, salt and olive oil. Knead on medium speed for 7-8 minutes until dough is soft but no longer sticky, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Grease a bowl and add dough, cover and rise for 1 1/2-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and form into a smooth ball. Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" baking sheet with butter.
- Roll dough into a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" rectangle and place into greased baking sheet.
- Combine garlic and butter. Spread evenly over dough.
- Bake dough for 7 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle with both cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese starts to turn lightly brown and is bubbly.
- Slice breadsticks down the middle and then into desired size strips.