Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mother's out there! I am excited to be joining Sunday Supper this week with recipes for Mother's Day.
I was blessed growing up to have multiple wonderful women in my life. A few of the most important were my Mother of course, my Granny, Grandma Lorna and Tutu.
My Mother always made sure my childhood was wonderful no matter how much she struggled with being a young Mother. She was one of the best bedtime story tellers ever and always made sure I brushed my teeth. She loved me unconditionally. She made hard, unselfish decisions like having my Granny raise me when her and my Father became divorced so I could have someone there at all times to raise me in a stable home. A home she new was the best situation for me.
I was blessed with my Granny who had time to do the things most stay at home Mom's do. She shuffled me to birthday parties, Brownies and volunteered at my school. She made sure breakfast, lunch and dinner were always on the table. I never thought much about how my life was different living with my Grandparents. My Granny Passed away over 18 years ago and I still miss her to this day.
My Grandma Lorna was the fun one who would take me on weekends for adventures with tea parties on the patio, hikes and once she lived in a teepee for a year and let me stay the night.
It took a lot of begging to have a sleep over in her teepee but I'll never forget how cool I thought it was. My Grandma Lorna taught me to love nature and that it's not the stuff that's important in life but how the time is spent.
My Tutu (Hawaiian for Grandmother) took me for summer's in Hawaii with my Grandpa once I was old enough to fly alone. She made sure my summers were full of fun activities like days at the beach, learning to boogie board, lunch dates and shopping for new school clothes.
All of these women had a huge impact in my life and made me who I am today. So to celebrate all these wonderful women in my life I made a Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake because not only is it delicious but the color's so pretty! Perfect for Mom!
In a large bowl combine 12 whole graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix until well combined.
Add 1/2 cup melted butter and stir until combined.
Press graham cracker mixture evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
I find a measuring cup works well for pressing the crumbs evenly into the bottom and sides.
Bake crust in a 375 degree oven for 7 minutes or until lightly brown.
In a food processor or blender puree 1 1/2 cups strawberries until smooth but still some small pieces remain. Set aside.
Whip 3/4 cup whipping cream until light and fluffy but not stiff. Set aside.
Beat 16 ounces cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest until well combined and smooth.
Add pureed strawberries and 1 teaspoon vanilla to beaten cream cheese mixture.
Beat until well combined, scraping sides and bottom of bowl several times.
On low speed add whipping cream and mix or fold in until combined.
Pour cheesecake mixture into baked graham cracker crust and place in freezer.
Freeze for 4 hours or longer until frozen.
Slice Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake with a knife run under hot water and dried.
Serve with a big dollop of whip cream and make sure to share with the ones you love.
Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake in a graham cracker crust is the perfect dessert for any gathering.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT4H20M
Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 2/3 cup Graham Crackers, Crushed (about 12 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries, Diced
- 1 teaspoon Pureed Vanilla Extract
- Sweetened Whipped Cream for Serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar, mix until well combined. Drizzle in melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, cool completely.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy but not stiff. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- In a blender of food processor puree strawberries until smooth but still small chunks remain.
- Add puree strawberries and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined, scraped sides and bottom of bowl several times.
- Add whipped cream to strawberry cream cheese mixture and mix on low speed or fold in until well combined.
- Pour strawberry cheesecake mixture into baked graham cracker crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen.
- Slice with a knife that's been run under hot water and dried. Serve with a large dallop of sweetened whip cream.
Mother's Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Betty's Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni's Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother's Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane's Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu's Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom's Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom's Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin' Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.