An easy to make lunch or dinner perfect for a warm summer day filled with chicken, strawberries, blueberries and a poppy seed dressing.
Well worth a face plant into your plate.
This is one of those salads we live off of the minute the weather becomes warm.
It's so easy and fast, perfect to make after a long day playing at the lake.
Our kids love the fruit so it makes it all the easier to get them to devour salad for dinner without a complaint.
My only complaint is they never seem to leave me leftovers for lunch!
In a blender combined 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped shallot, 1/4 cup honey (I use raw honey), 1/8th teaspoon dijon mustard and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Stir in 3 tablespoons poppy seeds.
Toss 1/2 pound mixed baby greens lettuce or chopped romaine, 3 cups sliced strawberries, 3 cups fresh blueberries, 1/2 whole pineapple (diced), 3 whole diced chicken breast cooked and 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds.
Drizzle with poppy seed vinaigrette and devour.
Chicken Strawberry Blueberry Pineapple Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
An easy to make lunch or dinner perfect for a warm summer day filled with chicken, strawberries, blueberries and a poppy seed dressing.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Shallot
- 1/8th teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 pound Mixed Baby Salad Greens
- 3 whole Chicken Breast, Cooked and Diced
- 3 cups Strawberries, Sliced
- 3 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 whole Pineapple, Diced
- 1 1/2 cups Sliced Almonds
- To make poppy seed dressing: Combine olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, shallot, dijon mustard and sea salt in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Stir in poppy seeds and set aside.
- To assemble salad: In a large bowl combine salad greens, chicken breast, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and slice almonds. Toss until combined.
- Drizzle with poppy seed dressing and serve.
A few other favorite salads: