With Memorial Day upon us our Sunday Supper crew has teamed up to bring you recipes filled with red white and blue foods to celebrate the long holiday weekend in remembrance of those that gave their lives while in service to our great country.
Colt and I spent 2 days trying to perfect a Patriotic Red White and Blue Cocktail recipe with the colors of the American Flag that not only looked pretty but was equally as delicious and easy to make.
After many attempts to achieve gorgeous layers of red, white and blue with different fruit purees and cream we finally decided on a simple Patriotic Cocktail with whole berries soaked in a mixture of lime for a murky white color, 7up and vodka.
A perfect cocktail to enjoy while celebrating an important day of reflection and patriotism.
In 2 martini glasses layer 1/4 cup Blueberries and 1/4 cup Strawberries or Raspberries or a combination in each glass.
In a martini shaker stir together juice of 1 Lime, 1 teaspoon Sugar, 4 shots 7up and 2 shots vodka.
Stir until well combined and strain out ice while pouring mixture evenly between both glasses.
Garnish glass with an additional Strawberry.
As you slowly sip on the cocktail the berries will infuse with the liquor for an extra special treat to enjoy at the end.
Whether your hosting a Memorial Day or 4th of July party or barbecue make sure to check out all the delicious idea's from my fellow Sunday Supper taste makers for a memoriable celebration after the recipe to amuse your guests.
A patriotic Red White and Blue Cocktail filled with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and soaked in a vodka mixture. A fun cocktail to enjoy for Memorial Day or 4th Of July.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT5M
Yield: 2 Glasses
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, Raspberries Or Both
- 1 Whole Lime, Juiced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar Or To Taste
- 4 shots 7up, Cold
- 2 shots Vodka, Ice Cold
- 1 cup Ice
- Additional Strawberries For Garnish
- Divide blueberries equally between 2 martini glasses then layer with strawberries or raspberries.
- In a martini shaker stir together lime juice, sugar, 7up, vodka and ice until cold and sugar is dissolved.
- Divide vodka mixture evenly between 2 glasses.
- Garnish glasses with a strawberry and serve.
- Slowly sip cocktail and enjoy the infused berries at the end.
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma's Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline's Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca