With fall here and the weather outside becoming chilly we are celebrating Sunday Supper with warming trend recipes to keep you cozy when the temperature drops.
One of my favorite ways to stay toasty this time of year is Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting warm out of the oven first thing in the morning.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are assembled the night before then refrigerated and allowed to rise while the oven preheats in the morning making them the perfect way to start even a busy day.
It makes climbing out of bed on the weekends all the more enticing!
The pumpkin is perfectly balanced with notes of vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg with a sticky gooey cinnamon, brown sugar, honey filling and covered with a sweet maple cream cheese frosting.
These rolls are so good my friends that even if you usually just eat the center you will find yourself savoring every last layer of deliciousness.
Heat 3/4 cup Buttermilk until warm but not hotter then 110 degrees.
Add warm buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon Honey and 2 (1/4 ounce) packages of Active Dry Yeast to a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
Allow mixture to sit until bubbly about 8 minutes.
Stir in 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, 1 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree, 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract, 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger, 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, 3/4 teaspoon Allspice, 2 whole Eggs and 2 whole Egg Yolks until well combined.
Add 5 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and 1 teaspoon Salt.
Knead on low and then increase speed to around 4 until soft dough forms that pulls away from bowl and is soft, smooth and elastic around 5 minutes.
Add 14 tablespoons Room Temperature Butter 1 tablespoon at a time while kneading on 4.
Dough will become gooey and soft but continue to knead.
Until dough become soft, smooth and pulls away from edge of bowl.
Around 8 minutes.
Place dough in a well buttered bowl.
Place top of dough into bowl first and then flip over to cover top of dough in butter.
Cover bowl and allow dough to rise until doubled in size around 2 hours.
Mix together 6 tablespoons Room Temperature Butter, 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 3 heaping tablespoons Honey, 2 tablespoons Cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon Salt until well combined.
Divide dough in two and roll each half into 12"x18" rectangle.
Spread half of the brown sugar, cinnamon, honey mixture over each half of dough.
Roll dough to form an 18" long roll.
Pinch seams tightly together and slice 2" thick.
Butter a 9"x13" and 8"x8" pan.
Place rolls evenly spaced into pans, cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to bake remove pan from fridge and allow to come to room temperature about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of rolls comes out clean.
Beat together 8 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese and 1/4 cup Room Temperature Butter until creamy and well combined.
Then beat in 1 cup Sifted Powdered Sugar, 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup and 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
Until smooth, creamy and well combined.
Allow cinnamon rolls to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
Spread Maple Cream Cheese Frosting over warm rolls and enjoy the goodness!
These definitely help warm me up!
What foods help warm you up?
Please make sure to check out all the other AMAZING Sunday Supper recipes below!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are perfectly balanced with notes of vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg with a sticky gooey cinnamon, brown sugar, honey filling and covered with a sweet maple cream cheese frosting. These are so good you won't just eat the center!Prep time: PT40M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT4H0M
Yield: 16 Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk (Warm but not hotter then 110 degrees.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 packages Active Dry Yeast 1/4 Ounce Each (4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree Or Canned Pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoons Ginger, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoons Nutmeg, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoons Allspice, Ground
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 5 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 14 tablespoons Butter, Room Temperature
- 6 tablespoons Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Honey, Heaping
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/4 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Mix warm buttermilk, honey and yeast in mixer fitted with a dough hook. Allow mixture to sit until bubbly about 8 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, eggs and egg yolks until well combined. Add flour and salt.
- Knead on low and then increase speed to around 4 until soft dough forms that pulls away from bowl and is soft, smooth and elastic around 5 minutes.
- Knead in 14 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoons at a time. Dough will become gooey and soft. Continue to knead until dough become soft, smooth and pulls away from edge of bowl around 8 minutes.
- Place dough in a well buttered bowl top first and then flip over to cover top of dough in butter. Cover bowl and allow dough to rise until doubled in size around 2 hours.
- Mix together 6 tablespoons butter, 1 cup brown sugar, sugar, honey, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Divide dough into two. Roll each half into 12"x18" rectangle. Spread half of the cinnamon filling over each half of dough. Roll dough to form an 18" long roll, pinch seams tightly and slice every 2 inches. Butter a 9"x13" and 8"x8". Place rolls evenly spaced into pans, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow cinnamon rolls to come to room temperature before baking about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While cinnamon rolls bake make maple cream cheese frosting:Beat together cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter until well combined. Add powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Allow rolls to cool for 15 minutes before frosting with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee's Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline's Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear's Wife