Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Saturday, January 9, 2016
Enchilada Taco Cups
Enchilada Taco Cups are the hot thing in our house at the moment.
I almost couldn't share these little bites of deliciousness with you, because I couldn't find the notebook I wrote the recipe on, before placing it into a safe place.
It's probably a sign I need to condense down to one notebook to work on recipes, instead of 3.
It would be embarrassing if I told you how often this occurrence goes on.
Enchilada Taco Cups are super easy to make, and who doesn't love Mexican food?
Colt and the kids can't get enough of these Enchilada Taco Cups, and seems to be the weekend favorite right now.
I used wonton wrappers for the shell since they come pre-cut in perfect bite size pieces.
Then I made an easy saucy enchilada base with ground beef, and topped them with cheese, before popping them in the oven to get extra toasty.
We then garnished the cups with tomato, avocado, sour cream, and salsa, or hot sauce.
For a Super Bowl party these would be fun with a condiment bar, so everyone can chose their own topping.
Not only are they tasty, but super easy to make which equates to a win in my book!
In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, and 1/2 whole Diced Onion.
Cook over medium-high heat until onion starts to caramelize.
Add 1 pound Ground Beef.
Break up the ground beef, and cook until brown.
Drain off any excessive grease.
Add 2 cloves Minced Garlic, 1/4 cup Chili Powder, 3 tablespoon Tomato Paste, 1 teaspoon Cumin, 3/4 teaspoon Oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
Stir until well combined, and fragrant.
Stir in 1 cup of water.
Cook until thickened, and saucy.
Grease 12 cup Muffin Tin with cooking spray or wiping olive oil on the inside of each tin.
Line each cup with a wonton wrapper.
Add the enchilada filling into each cup until 2/3 of the way full.
Cover each cup with about 2 tablespoons Grated Cheese.
We used a combo of cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until wonton wrappers are golden brown.
Garnish with Chopped Tomatoes, Diced Avocados, Salsa, Sour Cream, and Lime.
Repeat until all the meat has been used.
Enchilada Taco Cups are so good, and as easy as it looks to make!
Enchilada Taco Cups
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Easy to make beefy Enchilada Taco Cups are fun to make and perfect for a party or taco Tuesday from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT25M
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Plus More For Greasing Muffin Cups
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (We used Cheddar and Pepper Jack.)
- For Serving: Diced Tomatoes, Diced Avocado, Salsa, Hot Sauce, and Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 standard sized muffin tin with olive oil. Place 1 wonton wrapper in each muffin tin.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until onion starts to caramelize. Add ground beef. Break ground beef into small pieces and cook until brown. Drain off excess grease.
- Add garlic, chili powder, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, and salt. Stir until well combined, and fragrant. Stir in water. Cook until thickened, and saucy.
- Fill wonton wrappers 2/3 of the way full of ground beef mixture. Cover each taco cup with 2 tablespoons grated cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Garnish with desired condiments or allow everyone to top their own.
- Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.