Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Colt and I decided to make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms with the last crab we had remaining in the freezer.
Crab is always considered a treat in our house even when were lucky enough to have a friend drop off a few from a day of crabbing!
Yes, we are lucky enough to have friends that occasionally share their catch!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect way to stretch crab when you only have a 1/2- 3/4lb to use and a fun treat for a special occasion.
I love mushrooms, but Lorna not so much; however, if I fill them with crab I can't seem to keep her hands off of them!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are definitely a family favorite, and fun to share with company.
Button or crimini mushrooms are filled with a creamy, cheesy, herb, mushroom, and crab filling based on my Hot Crab Dip, then covered with a panko, parmesan topping, for a little crunch!
These little gems can be prepped ahead of time and then popped in the oven until golden brown for easy entertaining.
In a medium skillet heat 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons Finely Minced Shallots, and cook until caramelized.
Stir in 1/3 cup Finely Chopped Mushroom Stems.
Cook until mushroom stems are softened.
Cream together Sautéed Shallot Mixture, 8 ounces Cream Cheese, 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, 1/3 cup Sour Cream, 1/3 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, 2 tablespoons Minced Fresh Chives, 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Dill, 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce or to taste, and 1/4 teaspoon Salt, until well combined.
Fold in 1/2- 3/4 pound Shelled Lump Crab Meat.
I prefer Dungeness when available for it's flavor.
Clean 16-24 Large Button Or Crimini Mushroom Caps using a damp towel to wipe off any dirt, and remove stems.
Place in a large, buttered, baking dish.
Use 2 spoons or a standard size cookie scoop to fill mushroom caps until heaping.
In a small bowl stir together 3 tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs, 1 tablespoon Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, and 1 tablespoon Melted Butter until well combined.
Sprinkle Panko Breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top of mushrooms.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 16-20 minutes until golden brown.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill, and chives.
Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms have the flavors found in a high end restaurant, and are guaranteed to be the hit of your next party!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Button or crimini mushrooms are filled with a creamy, cheesy, herb, mushroom, and crab filling, then covered with a panko, parmesan topping, for a little crunch! These little gems can be prepped ahead of time and then popped in the oven until golden brown for easy entertaining. Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to be a hit at your next function!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 16-24 Mushrooms
- 16-24 whole Large Button Or Crimini Mushrooms Wiped Clean and Stems Removed
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, Minced
- 1/3 cup Mushroom Stems, Finely Chopped
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce Or To Taste (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2- 3/4 pound Shelled Lump Crab Meat
- 3 tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter Plus More For Greasing Pan
- For Serving: Additional Chopped Chives, Chopped Dill, and Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large baking dish, add cleaned mushroom caps, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat olive until hot over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and cook until caramelized. Add mushroom stems, and cook until softened. Allow to cool until warm.
- Cream together sautéed shallot mixture, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, lemon juice, chives, dill, hot sauce, and salt until well combined. Fold in crab meat.
- Using 2 tablespoons or a standard sized cookie scoop fill mushroom caps until mounded with filling.
- In a small bowl stir together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter until well combined.
- Evenly sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top of mushrooms.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with additional chives, and dill, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.