Colt and I decided to make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms with the last crab we had remaining in the freezer.
Crab is always considered a treat in our house even when were lucky enough to have a friend drop off a few from a day of crabbing!
Yes, we are lucky enough to have friends that occasionally share their catch!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect way to stretch crab when you only have a 1/2- 3/4lb to use and a fun treat for a special occasion.
I love mushrooms, but Lorna not so much; however, if I fill them with crab I can't seem to keep her hands off of them!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are definitely a family favorite, and fun to share with company.
Button or crimini mushrooms are filled with a creamy, cheesy, herb, mushroom, and crab filling based on my Hot Crab Dip, then covered with a panko, parmesan topping, for a little crunch!
These little gems can be prepped ahead of time and then popped in the oven until golden brown for easy entertaining.
In a medium skillet heat 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons Finely Minced Shallots, and cook until caramelized.
Stir in 1/3 cup Finely Chopped Mushroom Stems.
Cook until mushroom stems are softened.
Cream together Sautéed Shallot Mixture, 8 ounces Cream Cheese, 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, 1/3 cup Sour Cream, 1/3 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, 2 tablespoons Minced Fresh Chives, 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Dill, 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce or to taste, and 1/4 teaspoon Salt, until well combined.
Fold in 1/2- 3/4 pound Shelled Lump Crab Meat.
I prefer Dungeness when available for it's flavor.
Clean 16-24 Large Button Or Crimini Mushroom Caps using a damp towel to wipe off any dirt, and remove stems.
Place in a large, buttered, baking dish.
Use 2 spoons or a standard size cookie scoop to fill mushroom caps until heaping.
In a small bowl stir together 3 tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs, 1 tablespoon Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, and 1 tablespoon Melted Butter until well combined.
Sprinkle Panko Breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top of mushrooms.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 16-20 minutes until golden brown.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill, and chives.
Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms have the flavors found in a high end restaurant, and are guaranteed to be the hit of your next party!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Button or crimini mushrooms are filled with a creamy, cheesy, herb, mushroom, and crab filling, then covered with a panko, parmesan topping, for a little crunch! These little gems can be prepped ahead of time and then popped in the oven until golden brown for easy entertaining. Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to be a hit at your next function!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 16-24 Mushrooms
- 16-24 whole Large Button Or Crimini Mushrooms Wiped Clean and Stems Removed
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, Minced
- 1/3 cup Mushroom Stems, Finely Chopped
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce Or To Taste (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2- 3/4 pound Shelled Lump Crab Meat
- 3 tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter Plus More For Greasing Pan
- For Serving: Additional Chopped Chives, Chopped Dill, and Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large baking dish, add cleaned mushroom caps, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat olive until hot over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and cook until caramelized. Add mushroom stems, and cook until softened. Allow to cool until warm.
- Cream together sautéed shallot mixture, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, lemon juice, chives, dill, hot sauce, and salt until well combined. Fold in crab meat.
- Using 2 tablespoons or a standard sized cookie scoop fill mushroom caps until mounded with filling.
- In a small bowl stir together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter until well combined.
- Evenly sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top of mushrooms.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with additional chives, and dill, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.