If you've never roasted strawberries before your missing out! The strawberries become super sweet with a concentrated flavor in a thick sweet syrup and your house will smell amazing! Roasted Strawberries are wonderful for breakfast in your oatmeal, over ice cream for dessert, and served savory like these Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Hot Wings.
The Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce is a favorite in our house during the bbq season! It's delicious over anything that usually pairs well with a sweet and spicy sauce. It's delicious on Fried Hot Wings instead of traditional hot wing sauce but we really love the additional smokiness of grilling the wings.
Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Hot Wings will be a favorite this summer for entertaining. They are perfect to enjoy on the patio on a warm day with a cold beer, glass of wine, or even Pink Grapefruit Lime Margaritas, and a large veggie tray for an easy meal or appetizers!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add 4 cups Strawberries cut to the same size if needed.
Roast strawberries for 35-45 minutes.
Add warm Roasted Strawberries to a blender or food processor and 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce. Puree until smooth.
In a medium sized sauce pan add 1 tablespoon Butter, and 1/4 cup Finely Minced Shallot.
Saute until shallot starts to caramelize.
Add Pureed Strawberries, 1/4 cup Ketchup, 1/4 cup Honey, 3 tablespoons Lime Juice, 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar, 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, 1 teaspoon Rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
Stir until well combined and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Toss 2 1/2 pounds Chicken Wings with 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3/4 teaspoon Salt, and 1/2 teaspoon Pepper until well combined.
Cook wings over medium heat until crispy and brown about 6-8 minutes covered. Adjust temperature as needed to brown the wings and crisp the skin without burning the wings.
Turn wings over and cook an additional 6-8 minutes until wings are brown and skin is crispy.
Smoother wings in Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce and cover with lid. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes until sauce becomes cooked on and sticky. Wings should register 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Be careful not to burn the wings.
Sweet, spicy and sticky definitely one of my favorite variations of Hot Wings!
Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Hot Wings
Sticky, sweet, and spicy Roasted Strawberry Barbecued Hot Wings are always a favorite! Perfect for a light dinner or appetizers!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT1H0M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 2 1/2 Pounds
- 4 cups Strawberries, Stemmed And Cut To Equal Sizes If Needed
- 1 whole Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Shallot, Finely Minced
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary, Dried Or Fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 pounds Chicken Wings, Sectioned
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 425 degree. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread strawberries evenly over cookie sheet and cook for 35-45 minutes until starting to caramelize and juices thicken.
- Place warm strawberries into food processor or blender with chipotle pepper and puree until smooth.
- In a medium sized saucepan add butter and shallot. Saute until shallots start to caramelize. Stir in pureed strawberry mixture, ketchup, honey, lime juice, brown sugar, smoked paprika, rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook over low heat 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
- Toss chicken wings with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Cook chicken wings over a medium heat grill until brown on both sides and skin is crispy. 6-8 minutes per side.
- Brush Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce over wings, cover and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until sauce becomes cooked on and sticky. Wings should register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.