Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, February 2, 2012
Boneless Hot Wings
It's almost Super Bowl Sunday! A favorite in our house is hot wings! I made them for you boneless this time but you could always make them with standard wings if you like! The sauce on these are delish, not so hot your taste buds can't enjoy the flavor! I love to serve these with a side of ranch or bleu cheese dressing! Truth be told in our house we could eat these almost every other day if I would make them, they are a highly requested item! But for health reason's we eat them less often! I hope everyone has a fabulous Super Bowl we will be spending it with some pretty awesome people, I can't wait!!!
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. At this time also set oven to warm or 200-250 degrees.
Slice Chicken Breast either into small strips about a 1/2 inch thick or 1" cubes for hot wing poppers! Do not dry chicken breast! My husband did the slicing of the meat this time so we enjoyed our boneless hot wings about the size of a traditional hot wing! Place chicken into the flour to coat. Leave chicken in the flour mixture for at least 10 minutes. This will make a nice crust on your chicken.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Add chicken in batches to leave space between the chicken pieces.Truth be told I never use a thermometer but know the oil is ready when I place a pinch of flour into the oil and it bubbles. I let oil come to temperature for about 4 minutes on my gas stove. If using electric it may take longer. Do not flip wings over until the bottom is brown or the crust might come off of the chicken. Once brown flip and brown the other side, you will be able to see the sides of the chicken start to brown when it is time to flip about 6-8 minutes. Make sure oil continues to bubble around chicken other wise the temperature of the pan might not be hot enough! Also watch for chicken to brown to quick as you might need to lower the temperature! If you have never fried before I promise you will get this down it will just be figuring out your stove. Remove chicken from pan and place into warm oven. Repeat with remaining chicken.
While chicken is frying place both types of hot sauce and butter into a small pan and heat over medium- low heat until warm.
Once all chicken is cooked pour warmed hot sauce over the top and toss to coat. Serve with ranch or bleu cheese for dipping! Enjoy!
Boneless Hot Wings
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Delicious Boneless Hot Wings. Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos. A perfect recipe for Superbowl Sunday.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT35M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 4 whole Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2" strips or 1" cubes ( Do Not Dry Chicken)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (Optional but adds a little extra crunch)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup ( I use half canola and half Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cholula Hot Sauce
- Preheat Oven to 200- 250 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add chicken to dry ingredients and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium- high heat until a pinch of flour placed in oil bubbles, about 4 minutes on my gas stove. Watch the oil carefully not to burn it. An electric stove may take longer. Oil will be about 350 degrees if using a thermometer. Adjust heat as necessary.
- Add about 1/3 of chicken to the hot oil being careful not to over crowd the pan. Cook chicken until bottom is brown. Be careful not to turn chicken too early or it might stick to the bottom of the pan and you might lose some crust. A good indication to turn chicken is if the sides are starting to color. Watch carefully to make sure oil is not too hot or not hot enough. Chicken takes about 6-8 minutes a side. Once both sides are brown move chicken to a cookie sheet and place into preheated oven. Repeat with the rest of chicken.
- While chicken fries add butter and both hot sauces to a small pan. Heat over medium low heat until warm.
- Once all chicken is cooked pour hot sauce mixture over the top of chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve with bleu cheese, ranch and celery!