Did you know 1 serving of cauliflower only has 28 calories compared to 134 calories in mashed potatoes. These are so tasty, a great substitute for mashed potatoes. L.J. and I tried these out on Wednesday night while the other kids where at friends houses and he couldn't even tell the difference! There is a slight texture difference and the cauliflower has a slightly sweeter taste then potatoes but by the time it was fully loaded it served the prefect accompaniment to my fried pork chops and kale! Move on over potatoes I have found a replacement for you!
I used 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower. Adjust amount as needed dependent on how many people you are serving.
Place in a large saucepan with 1 cup water. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
Drain Cauliflower well and allow to sit for 4 minutes after draining to release excess moisture.
Add 3 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons greek yogurt.
Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached.
Add 1/2 cup chopped green onions and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Skinny Mashed Cauliflower 1/4 The Calories Of Potatoes
Skinny Mashed Cauliflower 1/4 The Calories Of Potatoes. So easy and healthy to make.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 4 Servings
Calories per serving: 252Ingredients
Fat per serving: 18
Fat per serving: 18
- 1 1/2 heads Cauliflower, Medium Sized, Chopped 2" pieces
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt Or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Pepper Or To Taste
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, Sliced Fine
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Additional Cheese and Green Onions For Garnish, Optional
- Place cauliflower and 1 cup water in a large sauce pan and cover. Heat over high heat until a boil is reached. Lower heat to low and cook for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain cauliflower well. Allow cauliflower to sit for about 4 minutes to release excess moisture.
- Add butter, greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Mash using a potato masher until desired texture is reached.
- Stir in green onions and cheddar cheese.