In celebration of summer I bring you caramel pineapple sauce the perfect topping for french toast or ice cream. I wasn't originally going to post this because it was sort of a last minute throw together but the fabulous hubby grabbed the camera and insisted once again that I share this with all my wonderful people, so I'm missing the step by step pictures but this was super easy and tasty too!
Now go, go make this now it's a quick taste of the islands right in the middle of the northwest!
Add brown sugar and butter to a skillet and stir until brown sugar melts and starts to bubble. Add cream, vanilla and pineapple. Stir well and turn heat to low. Cook another 10 minutes over low to heat pineapple and flavor the sugar mixture.
Pour over the top of anything needing a tasty shot of the tropics. French toast, ice cream or even a white cake would be super tasty!
Caramel Pineapple Sauce
Caramel Pineapple Sauce. A wonderful breakfast treat over waffles, pancakes, or french toast or for dessert over ice cream. Recipe includes step by step instructions with pictures.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 whole Pineapple, Peeled, Cored and Diced
- Melt butter in a saute pan and add brown sugar, cook over medium high heat.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved, hot and bubbly.
- Add cream, vanilla and pineapple. Stir well and reduce heat to low.
- Cook mixture 10 minutes until pineapple is hot and sugar is infused with pineapple flavor.
- Use to top french toast, ice cream, white cake or anything else your heart desires.