I don't know whether to call this a recipe fail or a brilliant accident.
I've been making brownies a lot lately and I mean a lot.
We've also had this little problem I write about a lot that I make something turn around and the kids and Colt have devoured about 3/4 of what I've made before I have a picture..
Ugh.. They just don't understand..
So after the last brownies with pecans that were amazing but eaten in 2.2 seconds I thought I had this brilliant idea to make some Rocky Road Brownies.
We'll the idea was brilliant but the marshmallow melted into the brownies leaving them a little extra chewy.
Not what I planned but deliciousness none the less.
A must make anyway.
In case you're looking for other brownie recipes make sure to try out a few of my favorites: Brown Butter Brookies, Fudgy Black Bean Brownies , Fudge Brownies With Caramel Swirl, and Fudgy Brownies With Peanut Butter Swirl.
The hardest part is deciding which ones to make first.
Add butter, unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips to a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
Butter a 9x13 baking pan. For easy removal line with parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment add eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat over medium-high speed for about 4 minutes until mixture become light colored and airy.
Slowly drizzle in chocolate while mixing at low speed. Beat at medium speed until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
Add flour, cocoa and sea salt. Mix on medium speed until combined. Scrap sides of bowl as needed.
Add marshmallows and nuts (if using). Mix on low speed until combined.
Use a spatula to scrape sides of bowl and make sure mixture is thoroughly combined.
Pour into a buttered pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
The middle of the pan will still be slightly loose when brownies are done.
Allow brownies to cool for 2 hours before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
Chewy Brownies With Marshmallows And Almonds
Chewy Brownies with Marshmallows and Almonds recipe.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT35M
Total time: PT50M
Yield: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup Butter, Plus More For Greasing Pan
- 4 ounce Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Good Quality
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts, I used Almonds (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter. For ease of removal line with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- In a small saucepan add butter unsweetened and semisweet chocolate. Cook over medium-low heat while stirring until butter and chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment add eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium high speed until mixture is pale yellow in color and light.
- Pour melted chocolate/butter mixture into egg/sugar mixture and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and sea salt. Mix on medium speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add nuts if using and marshmallows, mix on low speed until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrape sides of bowl and make sure mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until brownies are almost set but center is still slightly loose.
- Allow brownies to cool for 2 hours before enjoying.