An easy to make elegant meal perfect for any night of the week. Rosemary Sage Pork Loin Roast is sure to be a favorite.
This recipe is easy, tasty, pretty and delicious.
Are you in need of something easy but leaves your guests and family thinking you spent hours in the kitchen?
Rosemary Sage Pork Loin Roast is the perfect alternative to traditional ham, roast beef or turkey and oh so yummy!
Colt made this beauty Sunday for dinner.
It had been hiding in the back of the freezer for the last month calling to be used and we new when we pulled it out to defrost on Friday it was needing a fresh rosemary sage herb rub using the leftover herbs from Thanksgiving and Cranberry Orange Sauce would be the prefect accompaniment.
It was so good and a wonderful Sunday supper.
Chop 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary and sage. Add 1 tablespoon fresh thyme.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon oil and 3 teaspoons ground pepper. Stir until well combined.
Use a paper towels and dry off the pork loin roast.
Rub herb mixture all over the pork loin roast.
In a oven safe large pan like cast iron heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add pork loin roast fat side down and cook about 5 minutes or until brown.
This allows the pork fat to keep the pork moist when baking in the oven.
(Colt accidentally placed the roast with the fat side up and we had to rotate it, so the picture above is technically incorrect.)
Once pork is brown rotate and place in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of pork registers 150-155 degrees F.
Allow pork to rest covered with foil about 6 minutes before cutting.
Serve Rosemary Sage Pork Loin Roast with Cranberry Orange Sauce to give it a little extra pop!
Rosemary Sage Pork Loin Roast
Rosemary Sage Pork Loin Roast with cranberry orange sauce. An easy, delicious dinner elegant for any gathering. Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT50M
Total time: PT1H10M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 2 1/2 Pounds Pork Loin Roast
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary, Stems Removed and Chopped Fine
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Sage, Stems Removed and Chopped Fine
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Stems Removed and Chopped Fine
- 1 tablespoons Salt
- 3 teaspoons Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Cranberry Orange Sauce For Serving.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Rub herb mixture into pork loin roast, set aside.
- In an oven safe pan (i.e. cast iron) heat butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add pork loin roast fat side down and cook until brown about 5 minutes. Turn pork roast over and move pan to oven.
- Bake Pork Loin Roast for 35-40 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of pork registers 150-155 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven and allow to rest 6 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cranberry orange sauce.