These are the perfect cocktails for over the holidays. Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rums are guaranteed to warm you up.
10 days to Thanksgiving, are you ready?
I'm still in the process of menu planning.
Colt has agreed to join me in the kitchen this year and we'll be prepping as much as we can ahead of time to simplify the process.
Colt made these Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rum Cocktails to help us warm up with the chilly weather we've been having.
They are a must on my Thanksgiving menu.
The batter can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, it only becomes better with age.
The Hot Apple Cider part of these drinks can easily be kept warm in a crock-pot for an easy to serve cocktail over the holidays.
These are sure to please!
Cream together 3/4 cup Butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoons Nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon Allspice, 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt and 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract.
Add 2 cups Brown Sugar and 1 tablespoon of Honey,
Mix until smooth and creamy.
Once Hot Butter Rum Batter is combined store in fridge until ready to use.
I find the batters flavor improves after a day in the refrigerator as the spices and butter have time to mellow and blend.
To assemble Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rums: Place 2 teaspoons Buttered Rum Batter in a mug, add 1 shot of good quality Rum and top glass with Hot Apple Cider.
Garnish with cinnamon sticks and serve.
I promise these will be a hit!
Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rum Cocktails
These are the perfect cocktails for over the holidays. Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rum Cocktails are guaranteed to warm you up.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 15 Servings
- 3/4 cup Butter, Slightly Softened But Still Firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Hot Apple Cider
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish (optional)
- To make Buttered Rum Batter: Cream together butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and vanilla until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and honey. Mix well. Store batter in an airtight container in the refridgerator until ready to use.
- To assemble Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rums: Place 2 teaspoons of Buttered Rum Mix in a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and fill with hot apple cider. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.