I love this simple Green Bean Salad with Grainy Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette.
It's one of those dishes that's perfect for company but easy enough for a busy weeknight since the flavors meld as it sits and is great served warm or at room temperature.
I prefer Haricot Vert Green Beans for this salad with their thin delicate size and tender yet crisp texture when available.
The shallot in the dish offers a milder flavor compared to garlic and softens when the vinaigrette is tossed with the hot green beans.
As they cool they absorb the tangy vinaigrette for a wonderfully flavorful dish.
These will quickly become a favorite way to enjoy your veggies and perfect for holiday entertaining like Thanksgiving and Christmas since they are delicious served at room temperature!
Shake together 2 tablespoons Finely Diced Shallots, 1 teaspoon Grainy Mustard, 1/2 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Black Pepper, 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar.
Shake until well combined and creamy.
Blanch 1 1/2 pounds Green Beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until tender and bright green.
Drain green beans and toss with vinaigrette to coat.
Serve Green Beans With Grainy Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette warm or at room temperature.
I find these elegant enough for guests but simple enough for any night of the week!
I know you will love Green Bean Salad With Grainy Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette as much as we do.
Green Bean Salad With Grainy Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette
An easy to make Green Bean Salad that's delicious served warm or at room temperature.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT2M
Total time: PT12M
Yield: 6 Servings
Calories per serving: 179Ingredients
Fat per serving: 16
Fat per serving: 16
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Shallot, Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Grainy Mustard Or To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, Chopped and Stems Removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper Or To Taste
- 1 1/2 pounds Green Beans, Stems Removed
- In a shaker jar add olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, mustard, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and black pepper. Shake together until creamy and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook 1-2 minutes until bright green and tender. Drain immediately.
- Toss green beans with vinaigrette and allow shallot to soften.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.