For this weekends Sunday Supper we are gathering recipes to throw the ultimate pool party and we all know a good pool party requires something light and refreshing to sip on while your hanging out at the pool so I decided to share Spiked Blackberry Lemonade since it's the perfect summer sipper.I made a triple batch of Blackberry Lemonade for Colt's 40th Birthday last weekend and then spiked a few for the guest.
I made this recipe in 2 steps with the Blackberry Lemonade in one part and then spiked it in step 2 incase you have company looking for a nonalcoholic version.
With blackberries ripening early this year the kids have been out picking away already so Blackberry Lemonade has been a daily staple in the fridge!
I know you'll love these spiked or un-spiked as much as we do.
In a small saucepan stir together 1 cup Granulated Sugar and 1 cup Water.
Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture becomes clear.
In a blender puree 3 cups Blackberries with 1 cup Water.
Love the gorgeous bright red color!
I strained out the seeds but you could always leave them in.
In a large pitcher stir together sugar syrup, pureed blackberry mixture, 1 cup Lemon Juice and 3 cups Ice.
Stir together until well combined and cold.
To make the Spike Blackberry Lemonade fill a cocktail shaker 2/3 of the way full of Ice, add 2 shots of Vodka or liquor of choice and 1 1/4 cups Blackberry Lemonade.
Shake until well combined and icy cold.
Pour into your favorite cocktail glasses to enjoy!
Garnish glass with a Lemon Wheel and Blackberries and sip away.
Make sure to check out all the other amazing #SundaySupper Pool Party recipe links below the Spiked Blackberry Lemonade Recipe.
Spiked Blackberry Lemonade
Blackberry Lemonade with a Spiked version. A fun refreshing cocktail or mock-tail to enjoy on a hot day!Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT5M
Total time: PT15M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups Lemon Juice
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Ice Plus Additional To Make Spiked Version
- Vodka Or Liquor Of Choice
- Additional Lemon Rounds And Blackberries For Garnish
- In a small saucepan combined 1 cup Water and 1 cup Sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and clear.
- In a blender blend Blackberries and 1 cup of Water. Strain out seeds.
- In a large pitcher stir together Sugar Mixture, Strained Blackberries, remaining 2 cups Water and 3 cups Ice until well combined and cold.
- To make spiked version fill a cocktail shaker 2/3 of the way full with Ice and add 2 shots Vodka and 1 1/4 cup Blackberry Lemonade. Shake until cold and well combined.
- Strain out ice and serve in your favorite cocktail glass. Garnish with Lemon Rounds and Blackberries.
More Pool Party Recipes:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline's Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma's Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- 5 Fantastic Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M's Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook