Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies aren't tart like Lemon Bars, but more of a sweet lemon cookie.
For a more pronounced Lemon Cookie these can be glazed with lemon juice mixed with powdered sugar for a bit more bite, and lemon flavor.
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies have a really pretty crackle when they come out of the oven with a shiny sugar glaze.
Colt gave the tops a second dip into the powdered sugar once they were baked, for more contrast to the cookies.
He also likes living life on the sweeter side, and never will turn down a little extra powdered sugar.
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies are super easy to make perfect for a last minute dessert recipe for Easy Holiday Entertaining, the theme for this weeks #SundaySupper!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
The secret to Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies is mixing 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar with 2 tablespoon Lemon Zest for 5 minutes until the sugar is infused with lemon.
Add 2 ounces Cream Cheese and mix until well combined.
Mix in 6 tablespoons Melted Butter, 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil, 1 whole Egg, 1 tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda, and 1/2 teaspoon Salt, until well combined.
Stir in 2 1/4 cup Flour just until combined.
Scoop dough using a standard sized cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, and roll into a ball.
Roll each ball into powdered sugar until well coated.
(Note: A reader suggested adding additional lemon peel to the powdered sugar for additional lemon flavor. I ran out of lemon peel on this occasion but will be trying this in the near future.)
Place balls on silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until edges are set, and barely brown.
Allow cookies to cool for 3-4 minutes, and then move to a cooling rack.
The cookies will be lightly glazed from the powdered sugar.
For a more pronounced powdered sugar look carefully dip the tops of cookies in additional Powdered Sugar.
Alternately Powdered Sugar and Lemon Juice can be mixed together to make a thin glaze and drizzled over the top for a more pronounced lemon flavor.
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies are a delicious easy to make cookie from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT12M
Total time: PT32M
Yield: 36 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 6 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cups All-Pupose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Additional Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Mix together granulated sugar and lemon zest for 5 minutes to infuse sugar.
- Add cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Stir in butter, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add flour and stir just until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough using a standard sized cookie scoop of heaping tablespoon and roll into a ball. Roll ball into powdered sugar.
- Place cookies 3 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just barely brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- For a more pronounced powdered sugar look dip tops off cookies gently into powdered sugar once cooled.
For more delicious ideas for easy holiday entertaining check out all these other wonderful #SundaySupper recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?