Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are a must make for your Christmas cookie trays, and to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
They are super soft, chewy and chocolaty.
I took my favorite Double Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, added hazelnuts, and drizzled them generously with melted white chocolate.
Dark chocolate cocoa powder gives an extra boost of chocolaty goodness to these favorite cookies.
When I was in high school I worked at a catering business.
The owner would buy cookie dough from Costco, and we would drizzle white chocolate over the top of the double chocolate chip cookies.
It always gave them more of a bakery look that really dressed the cookies up, and was the inspiration for these cookies.
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are a great treat to leave for Santa Clause with a large glass of milk or a fun sweet snack for New Years Eve.
No matter why you make them your sure to love them.
Cream together 1 cup Room Temperature Butter, 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, and 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar.
Beat in 2 whole Eggs, and 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract, until well combined.
Stir in 3/4 cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder or Natural Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, until well combined.
Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
Stir in 2 cups All-Purpose or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour just until combined.
Add 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup Chopped Hazelnuts.
Stir until combined.
Scoop cookies by standard sized cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon onto a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
If desired press a few pieces of chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts into the cookie balls.
Bake cookies in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 until set around edges but centers still slightly soft.
Allow cookies to cool for 4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
In a small saucepan stir together 1 cup White Chocolate Chips, and 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil or Butter over low heat.
Until white chocolate is melted.
Use a spoon to drizzle melted white chocolate all over Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies and allow to rest until chocolate has hardened. It can take up to 2 hours.
For fast curing refrigerate Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies for 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
My leaning tower of Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies.
The perfect cookie for the chocolate lover in your life!
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Dark Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, and hazelnuts, then drizzled with melted white chocolate. Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are wonderful for Christmas, New Years, or anytime chocolate cravings hit.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT2H30M
Yield: 48 Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate or Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, Chopped
- Additional Chocolate Chips and Chopped Hazelnuts (optional)
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil or Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light, and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in cocoa powder, salt and baking powder, until well combined.
- Add flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Scoop cookie dough by standard sized cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet, and place 3 inches apart. If desired press a few additional chocolate chips and hazelnuts into cookie dough balls.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until set around the edges and centers are still soft. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely before drizzling with white chocolate.
- To make white chocolate drizzle: In a small saucepan add white chocolate and coconut oil or butter. Stir over low heat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a small spoon drizzle white chocolate over cooled cookies.
- Allow to rest until white chocolate is set or refrigerate cookies for 20 minutes to speed set cookies.