It doesn't get much better then Honey Mustard Chicken!
It's one of my staple dishes I've been making for eons; the sweet honey with the bite of grainy mustard makes this a family favorite, and I love how easy it is to assemble in under 5 minutes!
Colt and I teamed up in the kitchen Thursday night to make this, along side a super tasty Fuji Apple Spinach Bacon Salad With A Creamy Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, OMG it was so good!I'll be sharing the recipe for the salad later in the week, I strongly suggest making them together!
Did I mention it was so good??
I can't tell you how many times we've made this since I've been writing the blog, but something always seemed to prevent the finished photos from happening, but Colt made it a point to make sure he captured this deliciousness for you.
I think I better add it to next weeks dinner plan while I'm thinking of it!
Stir together 1/4 cup Grainy Dijon Mustard, 1/4 cup Honey, 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh or Dried Rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
Place Chicken on a large rimmed baking pan. For easy clean up line pan with parchment paper.
Drizzle Honey Mustard Sauce over about 2 1/2 pounds Chicken Thighs.
If you prefer Chicken Drumsticks or Breasts could also be used but the cook time will need to be adjusted accordingly.
Brush Honey Mustard Sauce all over both sides of chicken.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Baste chicken every 15 minutes. Turn the heat up to 400 degrees and cook an additional 20 minutes until golden brown and thighs internal temperature registers 170 to 175 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. If cooking Chicken Breast cook to an internal of 165 degrees in the thickest part of the meat.
Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are one of those classic recipes that never goes out of style.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken super easy to make, juicy and full of flavor!Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT1H0M
Total time: PT1H5M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 2 1/2 pounds Chicken Thighs, Drumsticks, Or Breast
- 1/4 cup Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar Or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, Chopped Or Dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place chicken skin side up in pan.
- Stir together mustard, honey, vinegar, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over chicken. Brush all over with sauce until well coated.
- Bake skin side up for 40 minutes, basting every 15 minutes or as needed. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Cook an additional 20 minutes until light brown, internal temperature on the thickest part of the thigh should register at least 170-175 degrees when done. For chicken breast cook to 165 degrees.
- Allow meat to rest 5 minutes before serving.