I have a serious love of Spinach Dip.
It's a must make at any kind of gathering with it's creamy texture dipped with crusty sourdough bread!
I'll be real honest with you right now my husband usually eats half the container before the company arrives and then tries to come up with some lame excuse with a couple of kisses on the cheek and the words but baby used a lot! (I wonder where Mas our 7 year old finds his charm from!) Some how this wins me over every time, dang him one of these days I will stand strong to this manipulation!
I've used Knorr Vegetable Soup mix in my dip for years along with sour cream and a lot of mayo! So I set out to come up with a tasty dip minus the soup mix since it contains MSG and to reduce the calories from all the sour cream and mayo!
I used a little turmeric since it has a lot of wonderful healing properties but if you are looking for more of a classic white dip feel free to omit. I won't judge I promise!
Combine Greek yogurt, mayo, onion flakes, turmeric (this can be omitted if you prefer a whiter dip), garlic powder, celery seed and Italian seasoning.
Stir in shredded carrots, water chestnuts and sea salt.
Add 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and then squeezed dry. Stir until well combined and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld.
Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crackers and your favorite veggies!
Spinach Dip From Scratch
Spinach Dip From ScratchPrep time: PT10M
Total time: PT10M
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric (If you prefer a white dip omit this.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 whole Carrots, Shredded
- 8 ounces Water Chestnuts, Drained and Chopped
- 10 ounces Frozen Spinach, Thawed and Squeezed Dry
- 3/4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- For Serving With Crusty Sourdough Bread, Crackers and Desired Vegetables
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crackers and desired vegetables.