Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tall And Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
Dorie Greenspan strikes again!
All I can say is this cheesecake is to die for!
It's lusciously smooth, tall and an amazing creamy texture.
I have made a lot and I mean a lot of Cheesecakes over the years.
I defiantly rate this as one of the all time best Cheesecakes ever!
If you love lemon and cheesecake this is a must make!
On another note if you haven't entered already make sure to enter to win a Le Creuset Stoneware Batter Bowl! (It's in my favorite color!)
To make the crust combined graham cracker crumbs, sugar and a generous pinch of sea salt. Slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup melted butter to coat crumbs evenly.
Grease a 9 inch spring form pan with at least 3 inch sides with butter. Wrap bottoms and sides of pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
Add graham cracker mixture to pan and use a measuring cup to press crumbs across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 5 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl and slowly add sugar and sea salt, while mixer is running.
Add lemon zest and beat another 5 minutes, until creamy.
While beating add vanilla.
While mixing add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly between each addition.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add greek yogurt and lemon juice. Mix on low speed until smooth and thoroughly combined.
It will look smooth and luscious. Pour batter into foil lined spring form pan with pre-baked crust.
Place cheesecake into pan a little larger then the spring form pan. Pour enough hot water to come half way up the sides of the pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn off oven and prop oven door open.
Leave cheesecake in water bath for 1 hour.
Carefully remove cheesecake out of larger pan, remove aluminum foil and place on cooling rack until room temperature.
Cover and refrigerate cheesecake overnight before serving.
Tall And Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch Adapted From Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home To Yours
Tall And Creamy Lemon CheesecakePrep time: PT30M
Cook time: PT2H30M
Total time: PT3H
Yield: 12 Servings
For Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 3/4 cup Fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 generous pinch Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
For Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 32 ounce Cream Cheese, Room Temprature
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 whole Eggs, At Room Temprature
- 1 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 whole Lemon, Zested And Juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For The Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and sea salt. Slowly drizzle in butter until crumbs are well coated.
- Butter a 9 inch by 3 inch springform pan with butter. Cover the bottom and sides with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Add graham cracker mixture to pan and use a measuring cup to press crumbs evenly across the bottom of the pan and half way up the sides.
- Place spring form pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Set crust aside to cool while making cheesecake mixture.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- For Cheesecake Filling: In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. About 5 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar, sea salt, and zest of lemon while beating. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat another 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute between each addition and scraping sides of bowl before adding additional egg.
- Turn mixer to low and add greek yogurt and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Place aluminum foil wrapped pan in a pan larger then the springform pan with a little space.
- Pour batter into foil wrapped springform pan and place pan in oven.
- Pour boiling water halfway up the sides of springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off oven and prop door open. Allow cheesecake to sit in the water bath in the oven for an additional hour.
- Carefully remove springform pan out of the larger pan. Carefully remove foil.
- Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Cover cheesecake and refrigerate cheesecake overnight before enjoying.