Sometimes life calls for something ooey gooey, chocolaty, marshmallowy and quick for dessert.
I have the perfect treat for you!
S'mores Ooey Gooey Chocolaty Marshmallowy Graham Cracker Cookie Bars.
Whew that was a mouthful!
We randomly make these through out the year, especially around Christmas since they are great to bring to any gathering and loved by young and old alike.
They are so very easy to make and never last long!
Lorna was asking to make a treat last night when I came home from my Doctor's appointment and these were the perfect easy solution since they didn't require any additional help and make very little mess.
Oh and did I mention these fulfill every s'mores craving you'll ever have without even needing a fire pit!
In a large bowl combine 2 sleeves graham crackers broken into medium/small sized crumbs and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
Add 3 cups mini marshmallows and 2 cups chocolate chips.
I usually use semi sweet but dark chocolate chips make for a very tasty s'more.
Melt 2 sticks butter and stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla.
Stir in a pinch of sea salt to butter and mix until well combined.
Drizzle butter over graham cracker mixture while stirring. Mix until well combined.
Pour S'mores mix into a 9"x13" buttered baking dish.
For the easiest removal line buttered 9"x13" pan with parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
Spread s'mores mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
Allow s'mores bars to cool and cut to desired size.
S'mores Cookie Bars
S'mores Ooey Gooey Chocolaty Marshmallowy Graham Cracker Cookie Bars.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT16M
Total time: PT26M
Yield: 16 Servings
- 2 sleeves Graham Crackers Crushed Into Medium/Small Crumbs
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate)
- 2 sticks Butter, Melted (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9"x13" pan with butter. For easiest removal line buttered pan with parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, vanilla and sea salt.
- Drizzle butter mixture over graham cracker/marshmallows while stirring. Mix until well combined.
- Pour S'mores mixture into greased pan and bake for 16-18 minutes until marshmallows are puffy and just barely brown.
- Allow S'mores Cookie Bars to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.