I'm a day late. I was hopping to share this yesterday for meatless Monday but after my morning therapy appointments my body seemed be done cooperating with me.
My body and mind have 2 different ideas of how things should be lately and I've had to learn so much patience with myself.
If you like chipotle and sweet potatoes then Crock Pot Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Chili is for you.
It's super easy to make, you just toss everything in the crock pot to fix it and forget it until dinner time.
The spice of the chipotle is a nice contrast to the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and is filled with lots of protein from the black beans and quinoa!
If your not big on sweet potatoes then I would suggest Chipotle Black Bean Chili, Artichoke and Mushroom Tomato Sauce or Curly Endive With Spaghetti all are regular fast, meatless, inexpensive dinners in our house.
Ok how easy is this. Toss every thing in the crock pot, except the salt. Never add the salt until your beans are tender or the beans will stay hard.
Stir in quinoa, cover and set to high for 6 hours or low for 8 -10 hours.
If you don't have a crock pot combine all ingredients in a large stock pot bring to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours or until black beans and sweet potatoes are tender.
Once black beans are tender season with salt to taste.
Serve Crock Pot Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Chili topped with cheese, sour cream, onions and any other desired chili toppings.
Crock Pot Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Chili
Crock Pot Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Chili an easy, healthy, inexpensive meal perfect for meatless Monday. Only 276 calories per serving using chicken stock, 4 grams of fat and 19g of protein.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT6H0M
Total time: PT6H10M
Yield: 10 Servings
Calories per serving: 276Ingredients
Fat per serving: 4
Fat per serving: 4
- 1 pound Dry Black Beans
- 8 cups Vegetable Stock, Chicken Stock Or Water
- 3 whole Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped Bite Sized Pieces
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- 2 cups Onion, Chopped. About 1 small Onion.
- 2 tablespoons Cumin
- 2 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 4 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or to Taste. How much salt will depend on if vegetable stock, chicken stock or water is use. Season to taste.
- Pepper to Taste
- For serving: Sour Cream, Grated Cheese, Onions, and any other desired chili toppings.
- Soak black beans in 12 cups of water overnight. Drain beans.
- Combine all ingredients except salt into a large crock pot, cover and set to high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- If a crock pot is unavailable combine all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours or until beans are soft and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Once beans are tender stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with desired chili toppings.