Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Saturday, October 31, 2015
Hot Crab Dip
With the first of November already upon us we are gathering recipes this week for Easy Holiday Entertaining with Sunday Supper!
I don't know about you but I am always looking for ways to make things a little bit easier during the holidays.
I usually add Hot Crab Dip to our hors-d'oeuvre list since it's not only easy to make but can be assembled the night before, refrigerated and then baked right before serving.
The less things to worry about once company arrives the better in my book.
Plus Hot Crab Dip is one of those special things we consider a treat reserved for special occasions making it perfect for your holiday entertaining whether it's Thanksgiving, Christmas or even New Years, it's sure to impress your company.
I also may have a serious crab addiction so the more excuses to enjoy crab the better!
I highly recommend Dungeness crab for it's delicious flavor for this recipe, King crab will do to but I would avoid canned crab since the flavor just isn't the same as fresh or frozen.
In a small sauté pan heat 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons Minced Shallots over medium-high heat.
Cook until shallots are softened and lightly brown.
Remove from heat and allow to cool until room temperature.
Mix together: sautéed shallots, 8 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese, 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, 1/3 cup Sour Cream, 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tablespoons Minced Fresh Chives, 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Dill, 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon Salt until smooth and well combined.
Fold in 1 pound of Shelled Lump Crab Meat into cream cheese mixture.
1 Pound of lump crab meat is about 2 whole Dungeness crabs.
Butter a 1 to 1-1/4 quart oven safe baking dish and spread crab dip evenly in pan.
Sprinkle another 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until top is lightly brown and bubbly.
Garnish Hot Crab Dip with additional Chopped Chives and Chopped Dill if desired.
Serve hot with Toasted Baguette Slices or Crackers and Lemon Wedges.
I wanted to say Thank you to Michelle of The Complete Savorist and Valerie of Life Style Food Artistry for hosting Easy Holiday Entertaining Sunday Supper!
Please make sure to check out all the other amazing Easy Holiday Entertaining recipes with links below my recipe for more great ideas!
For more great recipes check out these other easy Sunday Supper recipes:
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Pancetta Goat Cheese Appetizer Bites by Food Done Light
- Beer Pull Apart Bread by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Holiday Seafood Fest (La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.