Colt and I were out shopping last weekend when the fresh peaches at the grocery store drew us in with their mesmerizing smell. I had already planned on making a Frozen Peach Cheesecake I will be sharing on Sunday but Colt thought a cocktail was in order. After a little bit of back and forth brainstorming we decided a Peach Whiskey Iced Tea would hit the spot at the end of a hot day!
Why make plain Iced Tea when Peach Iced Tea will take your taste buds to a whole other level! The sweet juicy peaches combined with the black tea makes a wonderful treat on a hot summers day! Add a shot of Whiskey for adults, and you have a fun cocktail! Not only perfect for parties, but to just sit back and enjoy. Peach Whiskey Iced Tea is the perfect end to the perfect day!
Step 5 bags of your favorite Black Ice Tea in 3 cups Hot Water. Let seep for 5 minutes, and remove tea bags. Add 8 cups Ice, and 1 cup Cold Water.
In a blender or food processor puree 1 2/3 cup Diced Peaches, 1/4 cup Sugar, and juice of 1 Lemon.
Puree until smooth. Pulp can be strained out if desired.
Pour Pureed Peaches into Iced Tea.
Stir until well combined. Taste tea and add additional Sugar to taste. This really is a personal taste, some like ice tea sweeter then others.
To Assemble Peach Whiskey Iced Tea- Fill glass 3/4 full of Ice. Pour 1/2- 1 shot of your favorite Whiskey over ice.
Fill with Peach Iced Tea, and stir to combined.
Garnish glasses with a fresh sliced peach, and enjoy! Cheers!
Peach Whiskey Iced Tea
Peach Whiskey Iced Tea is the perfect summer time cocktail at the end of a hot summer's day!Prep time: PT8M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT8M
Yield: 8-10 Servings
- 5 bags Black Tea
- 3 cups Hot Water
- 8 cups Ice
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 2/3 cup Diced Peaches
- 1/4 cup Sugar, Plus Additional To Taste
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
- Ice For Serving
- Sliced Peaches For Garnish
- Seep black tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes, and remove tea bags. Add ice, and cold water.
- Puree peaches in a blender or food processor, with sugar, and lemon juice, until smooth. If desired strain our pulp.
- Stir peach puree into tea until combined. Taste tea, and add additional sugar to taste if, desired.
- To serve fill glasses 3/4 of the way full of ice. Add 1/2 shot - 1 shot of whiskey dependent on glass size, and how strong of a drink you prefer. Fill glass with Peach Iced Tea, and garnish with a sliced peach!