As Colt and I wondered through the store the other night planning dinner we stumbled into all the gorgeous fresh organic peaches in the produce section.
Peach Raspberry Almond Cobbler with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream was calling our name.
The peaches are so very ripe right now that the filling requires very little sugar.
The crust has a nice sweetness and the almonds add a little extra crunch.
This recipe for cobbler is easy enough for even the youngest of helpers in the kitchen to be able to help out and feel accomplished or in this particular case a husband willing to learn!
The cobbler topping was based on the recipe for Blackberry Cobbler and is always a favorite in our house.
We used our Le Creuset Pan that I had bought on sale as a set of two through Amazon for 35.95 it was $25.00 off of the original price so I couldn't pass it up, click here for the link! If you use an 8"x11" pan it shouldn't run over, we've made the last 2 cobblers in a Le Crueset 10 1/2x7 Stone Baker since it looks a bit prettier for its photo op then the traditional pyrex glass pan.
I do receive a small percentage of anything you purchase through Amazon using the link but the price isn't effected, it just helps me to do more giveaways!
Peel skin off of peaches, remove seed and slice.
Add raspberries. I really could eat this alone and skip the rest all together but the cobbler is divine.
Add flour to help thicken juices and toss until well combined.
Add tossed peaches to an 8"x11" pan. These peaches were so amazingly fragrant.
In a medium sized bowl combined flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sliced almonds.
Make a well in the center of the flour. Place egg and vanilla in the well. Using a fork whisk egg and vanilla together and then stir in flour until evenly combined and crumbly.
Evenly spread topping over the top of the peaches.
Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top! It's what makes this divine!
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until light brown and filling is bubbly.
Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream, whip cream or with your morning coffee or tea as a nice start to the day.
Peach Raspberry Almond Cobbler
Peach Raspberries Almond Cobbler from scratch. Peaches and raspberries covered in a sweet crunchy almond crust, drizzled with butter. An easy recipe perfect for novice cooks and kids to make.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT55M
Total time: PT1H5M
Yield: 8 Servings
For Peach And Raspberry Filling:
- 5 cups Ripe Peaches, Peeled and Sliced (Fresh Or Frozen)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 whole Lime, Juiced
- 2 tablespoons Flour
For Cobbler Topping:
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For Filling: Mix peaches, raspberries, sugar, flour and place in a 8 x 11 pan.
- Tip: If peaches are frozen let them sit in the flour mixture until most of flour has been absorbed.
- Topping: Mix flour, sugar,baking powder, cinnamon and sliced almonds in a large bowl until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Break egg into the center of flour and add vanilla.
- Use a fork to combine eggs and vanilla.
- Mix eggs with flour mixture until well combined and crumbly.
- Place crumb mixture evenly over the top of peaches.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 45-55 minutes until cobbler is brown and peaches are bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream.