With Fall in full swing I think it's fair to start sharing a few of my favorite pumpkin recipes including this Moist Pumpkin Bread I adapted from Grannies Banana Luncheon Loaf with a few healthier substitution options like coconut oil and whole wheat pastry flour.
I promise you no one will be able to tell the difference with the healthier substitutions.
I'm always craving a slice of Moist Pumpkin Bread this time of year and I think the hardest part to nailing this recipe was achieving the perfect balance of pumpkin spice with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
I kept this bread nude but I'm pretty sure it would be delicious smothered in Maple Cream Cheese Frosting if your looking for something on the sweeter side of life.
But for me I'm all for a warm slice of Moist Pumpkin Bread nude with a little bit of butter first thing in the morning with my cuppa.
I know you'll love this recipe too unless your one of those anti-pumpkin people then maybe you should check out this Moist Orange Cranberry Bread with Orange Glaze instead.
Beat together 1/2 cup Coconut Oil or Softened Butter, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 tablespoon Molasses, 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger, 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice until light and fluffy.
Add 2 whole Eggs, one at a time beating well between each addition.
Then beat in 1 1/3 Pumpkin Puree or Canned Pumpkin, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda and 1 teaspoon Salt until well combined.
Mix in 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All-Purpose Flour and 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional) until well combined.
Butter a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan and push batter into the corners of pan leaving the center slightly hallowed.
Allow batter to rest for 20 minutes while oven preheats to 350 degrees.
This ensure a gorgeous well rounded loaf.
Bake Moist Pumpkin Bread for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
Allow loaf to cool completely before slicing!
The flavor of this loaf improves if allowed to rest for a day before enjoying if your able to resist the temptation!
Moist Pumpkin Bread
Moist Pumpkin Bread perfectly seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice and easy to follow step by step instructions.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT1H10M
Total time: PT1H25M
Yield: 10 Servings
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil or Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree Or Canned Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cups Nuts, Chopped (optional)
- Butter To Grease Pan
- Grease a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
- Beat coconut oil, sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice until well creamed.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add flour and nuts, stir until combined.
- Pour pumpkin batter into greased loaf pan. Push batter into the corners of the loaf pan leaving the center slightly hallowed. For a well rounded loaf allow batter to rest 20 minutes before baking.
- While batter rests preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool completely before slicing.