I've made this recipe a million times since I first shared it 4 years ago but it always ends up devoured before I can take a picture so I finally fought off the family to take a new pic!
This is Colt's all time favorite dessert and the way straight to his heart.
It's so easy to make with very little work so it makes a regular appearance on our table this time of year while the rhubarb and strawberries are at their peak.
I know you'll love this recipe as much as we do!
This is my husbands all time favorite dessert! His grandmother had large amounts of rhubarb that grew in the yard growing up and he would go out and pick stocks, dip it in sugar and eat it! He has been working hard at work and putting long hours in so as a surprise I baked him this baby as a celebration to the start of his vacation! Since I love him a lot!
In a large bowl combine 5 cups Rhubarb and 3 cups Strawberries.
Add 3/4 cup Sugar, 1/3 cup Flour, 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla mix until well combined.
Place berries into a 9"x13" pan.
Slowly add 14 tablespoons Butter 1 tablespoons at a time while mixing on medium-low speed.
Sprinkle over the top!
Be prepared to make this again in a few days Colt already put the request in and this pan hasn't even been eaten yet!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
The all time best Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT1H0M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 12 Servings
- 5 cups Rhubarb Sliced 1/4" Thick
- 3 cups Ripe Strawberries, Sliced
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 14 tablespoons Cold Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add sliced rhubarb, sliced strawberries, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Place strawberry rhubarb mixture into a 9"x13" pan and spread evenly.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, sea salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and oatmeal. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Turn mixer to medium-low speed and add 1 tablespoon butter at a time until all butter has been added and mixture is crumbly.
- Evenly spread crumb mixture over the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until lightly browned.