As much as I love Apple Pie this Caramel Apple Cobbler hits all the right spots this time of year. I loaded tart Granny Smith Apples with plenty of cinnamon and Homemade Caramel, then covered it in a cinnamon brown sugar crunchy cobbler crust for the ultimate fall treat!
The one tip I have is while making Caramel Apple Cobbler make sure to stick a cookie sheet under the pan, just in case it drips. I thought I would be ok but ended up almost smoking out the house from the spill over! Our poor sheltie Bell was doing circles around the house, I'm sure she thought it was burning down, and when Colt opened the kitchen window I saw the neighbor dart across his lawn, I'm pretty sure to make sure our house wasn't on fire! Luckily all was well, it just happened to be a few drips in the bottom of the oven, and the cobbler still tastes AMAZING!
Caramel Apple Cobbler is part of the 30 Day Recipe Challenge I do with some of my blogger friends! We all vote on an ingredient, and then develop a recipe using that ingredient, this month was Apples! Please make sure to check out all the other delicious recipes below the instructions.
Peel, Core and Slice 10 cups Granny Smith Apples or favorite combination of Apple. Each cup is approximately 1 standard sized Apple.
You can find Apple Corer, Peeler, Slicers here like what I use. I love mine and it saves a ton of time.
Mix apples with Juice of 1 Small Lemon, 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, and 1 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Stir until well combined! The Caramel Sauce alone is to die for! So good!
Spread Caramel Apple mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
In a mixing bowl add 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, 2 teaspoons Baking Powder, and 1 teaspoon Cinnamon. Mix until well combined either using a mixing paddle or fork.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add 2 whole Beaten Eggs.
Mix together until well combined and egg is no longer visible.
Press Cobbler mixture between fingers and evenly distribute over Caramel Apples. Drizzle 1 cup Melted Butter evenly over the top.
Place in a 375 degree Preheated Oven for 50-60 minutes. Place on old cookie sheet in case of drips.
Until Caramel Apple Cobbler is golden brown and apples are tender when poked with a skewer.
Serve with Ice Cream and additional Caramel Sauce drizzled over the top.
Colt tried telling me it was the worst dessert ever, but not to worry he was willing to take one for the team. Luckily I forced him to share with me, and found out it's one of the best desserts ever if your a Caramel Apple Cobbler lover like me! So good!
Caramel Apple Cobbler
Caramel Apple Cobbler Recipe the perfect dessert for fall!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT60M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 14 Servings
- 10 cups Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored, and Sliced
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 whole Small Lemon, Juiced
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup Butter, Melted
- Ice Cream, Sweetened Whip Cream, and Additional Caramel Sauce for Serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together apples, caramel sauce, 1/3 cup flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and lemon juice, until well combined.
- Place apple mixture into a 9"x13" baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, until well combined.
- Make a well in center, and add eggs. Using a paddle attachment, or fork mix until very well combined, and egg is no longer visible.
- Press Cobbler topping between fingers, and evenly distribute over apples. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown, and apples are tender when poked.
- Serve with ice cream, or sweetened whipping cream, and drizzle with additional caramel.
Check out all the other delicious APPLE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Apple Challenge.
- Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups by Lovefoodies
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cake by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping by Manila Spoon
- Apple Pie Cupcakes by Num's the Word
- Apple Pecan Dump Cake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Homemade chocolate apples by Culinary Ginger
- Overnight Streusel Apple Cinnamon French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Crumb Cake by Life Currents
- Apple Fritter Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Caramel Apple Cobbler by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch